Saturday, April 24, 2010

Newest Member of the family



There is nothing in this world more beautiful in my eyes than a new born baby. Meet Haylin Looper pictured here with her mom and brother. Born April 23rd 2010. I had the chance to hold her when she was only a few hours old and as I did I looked down into that face and saw such peace as she slept. They told me her eyes were open when she was born and she would look around everywhere. I wonder what she was thinking? Was it a happy feeling or a distressed feeling? Were the lights too bright? Did she recognize her moms voice? I also thought about how she is so new that she didn't have any of the scars we have or the pain we have or the hurt we've been through and she hasn't even sinned yet. What a blessing it is to look into the face of such perfection. There is a definite feeling between every person on the planet and holding a new born baby whether you have had one or not or if it is your own. I'm not sure what that is but I am sure that it's a true miracle every time. No matter how I feel or what I think, I just can't wait to watch this little princess grow and change and work this thing we call life.

No comments: