Thursday, April 8, 2010

Burn by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy




I recently read this book by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy. My disclaimer is that I am already a big Ted Dekker fan and love his writing and subject matter. He teams up again with Erin Healy to write this great story .
“Janeal who has always felt trapped in her fathers Gyspy culture. Then one night a powerful man named Salazar Sanso promises her the life she longs for—if she will help recover a vast sum of money tied to her father. When the plan implodes, Sanso attacks the gypsy settlement and burn it to the ground. During the blaze, Janeal is faced with a staggering choice. That moment changes her forever.”
This was a really good read. Suspense and shock value I would say was a 9. With the of stories that pitch good versus evil, this one can actually blur the lines and really make you think. One minute you are taken to a place that you think is good, turns out….well…I can’t give away the story but I highly recommend the read if you are into good vs. evil and human desire. It only took me two days to read it, I couldn’t get myself to lay it down for more than a few minutes.

No comments: