Monday, April 26, 2010

Its not you, its me

I love America. I am so glad you are nothing like me. I am so glad I don’t have to go through the day encountering a bunch of people who think like me, act like me, and do what I do or wear what I wear. That would be a fate worse than death. I just love the fact that we can all be so human and all be so unsimilar. I was on Facebook this morning and noticed that all my friends have a passion. Not the same passion but all different passions, opinions, things that are important to them, things they want to educate others on and things that matter deep in their soul. That got me thinking of all the people I know. They are all so vastly different that I have no idea how we were all placed together in this big puzzle called “my life” and each of them I love for their differences and not for what they can agree with me on. I have friends that are workaholics, stay at home moms, been to Iraq, never been anywhere, sun worshipers, Jesus freaks, city dwellers , country folk, American born, foreign raised and the list goes on to infinity. We don’t go on vacation to see places we already have seen. We enjoy learning about things we either don’t understand or don’t know about. I think we should spend more time embracing each others’ differences and less time being offended by each other. What a wonderful opportunity we have in this free country to learn cool stuff about other people. To me, this “melting pot” is a pretty interesting and fun place to be.

No comments: