Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer break is almost here.

Parents dread it, kids love it. Some parents may love it and some kids may dread it...Summer break.  For parents its probably the most complicated time of year, especially if you have a child too old for day care and too young to be left home alone if you work.  If you dont work, you can't just let them play video games or watch TV for 3 months and most of us dont have tons of cash laying around to entertain all summer.  When I first started suffering bad from Fibromyalgia it was in July of 2007. I had left my job and was staying home. Most of that summer I hurt so bad I could hardly move nevermind throw a baseball or take a hike.  The pain in my heart from watching my 7 year old watch tv alone, ride his bike alone and just plain tire of summer break was almost worse than the disease.  It was after that summer that I vowed,  never have to watch my child dread another summer break.  I di all I could do in my power to get my illness under control and now I am going to spend some time looking into this summer thing and get a bunch of great ideas for what to do with a kid or kids during the summer.

Idea #1- I talked to the local manager of the music store and asked him if they had any places kids could jam together over the summer.  Any ages from like 9 to 19.  He is going to look into it and maybe we can get something going.  Contact me if you want to help or have ideas on this as well. 
Keep checking back and new ideas will come!!!  Lets keep these kids busy and happy.

No comments: