Monday, May 3, 2010

Grassy Cove after the rain


Its been a crazy two days of thunderstorms, tornado watches, floods and I would say that it was stressful but it really wasn't. In Tennessee we get this a lot. I hate to be complacent but after being through some really crazy weather, seeing consecutive tornadoes hit our county one after another in the same night, being awake during my first earthquake, watching flood water rise so high we have had to take a boat across the road to get home, I have learned that stress, fear and worry have no place here.  Instead, my family, my county, my state and I spend time praying for safety, keeping up with our neighbors and finding out what ways we can best help each other. That's the Volunteer State. I have been keeping up with people in Nashville during this flood and I am not surprised by the stories of help, support, rescue and good will they are giving each other and stepping up to share a common task. You people make me proud to be a Tennessean.

No comments: