Friday, February 17, 2012

Next...We Paint...Maybe


Getting excited about seeing the orange disappear, I asked my son what color he thought his Antique Car room should be. Since he was going to be a teenager in a couple of years, I knew it had to be a pretty mature looking room. He said black. Compromise lesson #1: If one persons idea is crazy enough to make you pass out,don't just say 'No Way!' I thought I would appeal to his love of cars and say, "How about we paint the base color gray and have black and red pin striping just like this car here on the cover of your Hot rod magazine?" Bingo. He thought that would be perfect.

I announced to my husband about our plans for painting and the ideas we had for the room. I was starting to get excited and couldn't wait to get to Lowes and get started. The only small glitch was his response. In the nicest, warmest way possible he said to me, "If you touch another wall with a paintbrush, I'm moving out." Ouch! Although I did still have fresh memories of my attempt to repaint a small bathroom in our house. I am reminded of it every time turn on my blue tinted light fixtures or clean the blue spotted commode or pull down the shades over the blue accented window frames. Not even to mention the brush strokes that are wearing off the walls.

Now I have a small dilemma. Hmmm. I can't really paint(walls) and I don't have a design team. I have already cleaned out the room and am set on doing this project. I need a team. I need professionals. I have got to get some input from someone that loves this stuff and can coach me on this. I just now realized that some planning is going to have to be involved and that's something I lack. I just had the best idea. I'm going to call......

No comments: