Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've got a feeling......

Have you ever been doing something then all of a sudden this realization comes over you in almost a panic and you just like scream? Like something so important that you forgot to do and then you just remembered? Yep, that happened to me this morning.
I have been looking forward to seeing a piece on the Today Show for a week and it was to air this morning. I slept in because I had been going wide open for a couple days; when I awoke, I casually moseyed into the kitchen for coffee, thought about my day, checked the temperature outside, said UG, and sat down on the couch. Then it happened, the little alarm clock in my brain went off and I jumped to the remote. As I am fumbling with it I’m thinking “please, please don’t let it be too late!” As soon as I flipped the switch on you would never have believed it. The story I was waiting for a week just came on. That second. That absolute moment in time that my finger pressed the little red button on the remote, the story started. I thought …really?, this late? The Today show has been on for an hour and half already? What are the odds? The story that was airing was one that was very important to me and divine intervention is something I am familiar with. So in the end, that little feeling you get should always be paid attention to because God works in mysterious ways and sometimes He has to slap you upside your head to get your attention!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what was this story you waited to see?

Cheryl Derrick said...

The story about awareness for Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis