Tuesday, November 2, 2010



One of my favorite all time movies is Facing the Giants. The movie is about finding hope in a place where everyone tells you that there is no hope. Digging deep down inside and bringing out the warrior who will be victorious despise all odds. When I watched this movie, I thought about David; facing his giant and defeating him with one stone when a whole army was shaken, scared and doubted that Goliath could be defeated. I also reflect on these visuals in my own life. Who wouldn't love to have a coach or a cheerleader in life to scream at you "Don't give up, Give me your best and don't quit until you have nothing left".

How many times in our lives have we heard people say, "You'll never make a living at that" or thought that there's so many people out there better at this than me so why bother. You'll never write that book, be a great artist, have a successful business or climb Mount Everest. That kind of thinking should challenge you to prove who you are no matter the odds.

On a side note, My husband will confess that some of the most important life lessons he learned was while playing high school football. No wonder there are so many movies that use football to send a message.

No comments: